Last Updated: July 1st, 2020
These past few months have been challenging for everyone, and we hope that you are all safe and healthy amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We feel extremely fortunate to open our doors to in-person counseling, in addition to our Telehealth services. As the state of this public health emergency changes from day to day, we will remain focused on keeping our clinicians, staff and clients safe. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
Telehealth Counseling is:
- Done over your computer or smartphone
- Sent to your email and easily accessed
- Done in your home or any location convenient for you covered by most insurances
- Affordable as copays are waived by many insurances during the COVID-19 pandemic
Click below for more information:
- Our physical office is open only for essential situations as indicated by your clinician.
- If you, or someone you care about, are feeling overwhelmed with emotions like sadness, depression, or anxiety, or feel like you want to harm yourself or others call 911 or your local CPEP. A helpful link for crisis prevention: https://omh.ny.gov/omhweb/bootstrap/crisis.html
- People with pre-existing mental health conditions should continue with their treatment and be aware of new or worsening symptoms. (see link below)
- If you want mental health resources related to COVID-19 link to CDC website page on Manage Anxiety and Stress: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/managing-stress-anxiety.html